The Tech Support Olympiad was designed for student administrators and techies to showcase their technical skills at EAST Conference. This competition has evolved over the years into a three-part competition that includes a series of pre-qualifying rounds and culminates in a final onsite competition at Conference. So, if you're a techie and you like to compete, this is the perfect competition for you!
How it Works
Contestants will provide the appropriate solution to the Golden Help Ticket. Qualified contestants will advance in the competition and be invited to participate in Round 2. Deadline to submit solutions to the Golden Help Ticket is 3:00 p.m., CST, November 28, 2017. Please review the eligibility and other requirements below.
Contestants will provide answers to three (3) additional challenges and earn points based on their responses. All three challenges will be sent out one after the other and contestants will have about two (2) weeks to provide a response to each. Contestants who do not provide a response will receive a score of zero (0) for that particular challenge. Leaderboards will be posted after each challenge, and a cumulative score will be used to determine the final five (5) contestants who will be invited to participate in the final round at Conference.
The final round will take place onsite at Conference. The final five (5) contestants will receive the exact date and time of the onsite competition when the finalists are announced. Contestants who arrive late to this competition will automatically be disqualified.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Students may submit up to two (2) responses to the Golden Help Ticket. If more than one submission is made, the second submission will be the only submission reviewed.
- Multiple students from a school can answer the initial Golden Help Ticket (Round 1) and advance to participate in Round 2; however, only one (1) student per school will be eligible to participate in Round 3 for the final onsite competition. In the event that multiple students from a school have the same final score in Round 2, the first student from the school to submit the final correct response will be selected.
- The five (5) students who have accumulated the highest number of points during Rounds 1 and 2 will be invited to compete in the 7th Annual EAST Tech Support Olympiad. The next five (5) eligible students with correct answers will be alternates.
- Finalists may not be a member of the Technical Support Team at the 2018 EAST Conference.
- The five (5) competing students will receive a one-day pass to the third day of Conference (if they are not already on their school’s Conference team) and two (2) one-day passes for parents/guardians or other family who might want to attend. This pass is good for the competition itself, as well as the award presentation if they stay for the Closing Session.
Ready for a challenge?
Click the golden ticket below to begin Round 1: Golden Help Ticket.
Can’t make it to the live Tech Support Olympiad? This event will be streamed live over the Internet.
Check the link below closer to Conference for more information!
Tech Support Olympiad Live! - Coming Soon
To see last year’s Conference highlights and other EAST media, check out our YouTube channel and 2017 Conference Highlights.
EAST on YouTube
Conference 2017 Highlights