Website Privacy Statement
Last modified: September 21, 2023
Environmental and Spatial Technology, Inc.” (“EAST "Company" “Us” or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this statement.
This statement describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit any of EAST’s websites, including www.EASTconference.org (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. The 2024 EAST Conference will be an on-line event, hosted by the Juno virtual-event platform. For more information about Juno’s privacy practices, visit https://www.junolive.co/privacy-policy.
This statement applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Us.
- Applications and platforms used in connection with EAST activities.
- It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this statement carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this privacy statement. This statement may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy Statement). Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the statement periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, "COPPA") recommends but does not require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this section, "parents") about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 ("children"). It also suggests that we obtain verifiable consent from a child's parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child's personal information.
This section notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect from children.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents' consent when we collect personal information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through this website.
This section only applies to children under the age of 13 and supplements the other provisions of this privacy statement. Only the other provisions of this privacy statement applies to teens and adults.
Information We Collect from Children
Children can access many parts of the Website or Apps that we use and their content and use many of its features without providing us with personal information. However, some content and features are available only to registered users or require us to collect certain information, including personal information, from them. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the Website or Apps that we use.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than we consider reasonable.
Information We Collect Directly
A child may be required to provide us with the following information to register with this website: the child's first name, last name, birth date, and email address. We may also require the child to create a member name and password. We may request additional information from your child, but this information is optional. We specify whether information is required or optional when we request it.
We may enable registered users to communicate with others on or through this Website or Apps that we use through chat, email, and posting to group areas of the Site, App, or Service ("Social Features"). The nature of these features allows children to disclose personal information about themselves. We do not monitor or review this content before it is posted, and we do not control the actions of third parties with whom your child shares his or her information. We encourage parents to educate their children about safe internet use and to monitor their children's use of social features.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through the Website or Apps that we use and use certain of their features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
- One or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites and online services.
- Information that identifies a device's location (geolocation information).
We also may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with personal information about you or your child that we collect online.
How We Use Your Child's Information
We use the personal information we collect from your child to:
- register him or her with the Site or App;
- communicate with him or her about activities or features of the Site or App that may be of interest;
- track his or her performance in activities;
We use the information we collect automatically through technology (see Automatic Information Collection and Tracking) and other non-personal information we collect to improve our Site or App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about the child's preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children's Information
We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children's personal information other than as described in this section.
We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device. In addition, we may disclose children's personal information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our Site or App and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of EAST, our stakeholders, or others, including to:
- protect the safety of a child;
- protect the safety and security of the Site or App; or
- enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
Accessing and Correcting Your Child's Personal Information
At any time, you may review the child's personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child's information.
You can review, change, or delete your child's personal information by sending us an email at communications@EASTstaff.org. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your IP address or a photograph you appear in of an activity you participated in.; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- On-line conferences, meetings, or other on-line activities.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We may use third-party analytics services on our Site, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to help us analyze your use of the Site. To learn more about how to opt out of Google Analytics services, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this privacy statement:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of and EAST's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by EAST about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of EAST, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to communications@EASTstaff.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to communications@EASTstaff.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to communications@EASTstaff.org.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
It is our statement to post any changes we make to our privacy statement on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users' personal information, we will notify you. The date the privacy statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this privacy statement to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this privacy statement and our privacy practices, contact us at:
6215 Ranch Drive
Little Rock, AR 72223
To register a complaint or concern, please write to us at 6215 Ranch Drive, Little Rock, Arkansas 72223.